Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Another week

Well today was a good day for me. I got on the scales and it read 191.0. Yay! So I have lot another half pound. This is the longest time I have stuck with weight watchers, going strong into week three woo hoo! I am learning all the time about foods that are lower in calories but still really good and pretty filling. The only time I have really strayed was Superbowl Sunday for dinner. I went to some good friends of mine who had made some amazing food, the Superbowl works: Pizza, hot wings, dip, etc... and all of it amazing. However I was very proud of myself that I got right back onto Weight watchers the next day. Last night I made a Spaghetti Bolognaise with whole wheat Spaghetti. I have figured out that for every once of dry pasta it makes 2 ounces of wet. I therefore had 6 ounces of pasta last night for only 3.5 points. The pasta was whole wheat which makes a huge difference in points and overall is just so much better for you health wise.

This weekend is valentines day weekend. I will be eating a meal on saturday that makes me a little nervous. I need to figure out what I am making and measure out the calories, etc... On Sunday Austin and I are going to PF Changs, a Chinese Bistro, and one of my most favorite restaurants. I always get the chicken lettuce wraps which are to die for and was pleasantly surprised when I did the nutrition calculations last night that I can have the whole thing for about 13 points. I am however planning on getting some WW soup which is pretty good and always really low in calories with some of my double fiber bread and have that for lunch and maybe a yogurt and fruit for breakfast. This way I can keep my points down to a minimum and try to really enjoy myself that night. Austin has mentioned possibly getting me some candy for valentines day and if he does I will have to be really good and eat it very slowly. We will see how well that works. I did mention to him that he could get me some better bathroom scales for valentines day which is the absolute opposite in candy but its definitely what I need more.

At this moment we are about 1/3 of the way through February. Clemson has their spring break in about a month and I am going to try really hard to at least lose that 2 pounds a week and hopefully lose another 8 pounds or so before that time. My friend who are going with me are also quite health conscious and so we are going to try and plan meals that are healthy overall. I think I will still have to be careful that week though as we will be there during Saint Patricks day and overall will be having a great time.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I have a suggestion for the candy. Freeze it so its like impossible to eat without dethawing... then pull out one piece to eat at a time and wait for it to thaw totally. It makes you reconsider it while you wait for it to thaw! :)

    ReplyDelete